Friday, March 12, 2010

I think I have met some of the coolest people in my life thus far... the amazing thing is, they often come in small packages. These little people God has put in my life have had the ability to teach me profound lessons, bring me to my knees in tears, humble me greatly... lead me to where God is waiting just for me.

Today we had a conference at school for Josiah. I've been concerned about his learning- he has never been a performer, he's a boy that does things at his own pace when he feels like it for no one else but himself when the time is right. This has held true for walking, talking, potty training, giving his heart to the Lord and everything else in between. I'm sure it will be the same for academics. We have had times where we've heard of teacher concerns about his reading and math skills. I have had phone calls about periods of misbehavior. I cannot force him to learn, for out of that comes frustration for him and my learning of patience, which I do not like to learn anymore about than necessary... if you catch my drift. With this I have tried to be at peace with this subject matter and confirmation came today when we were told he has made huge strides over the last month and the teachers feel relatively confident that he will be where he needs to be by the end of this year. Josiah is so very full of life, never misses a beat and if you give him half a chance he will melt your heart like none other and give you the inspiration to be true, to yourself and to others. I find that most of the children I come into contact are very real. I love my friends children- from sincere to sassy, they are all dear and precious to my heart.

So, my thought... for as much as I say that I "love" these children, I am in awe for the LOVE that God has, for it is real and it is perfect... His love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment