Wednesday, September 29, 2010

another dream




Had a crazy dream last night...

I was living in a house where there was so much chaos. People fighting, coming and going, there were floods and earthquakes going on outside. Inside the house were so many people living, really hard to say who all was there. I was in my bedroom when this little knock came upon my door. Someone asked who it was and the small voice answered... "This is Jimmy". In strode a boy with platinum blond hair and little chubby cheeks... he couldn't have been more than four or five. He came in holding 5 grubby photos in his hand. I knew him (but really I don't). He was obviously upset and had been crying trying to figure something out.

I was pleading with him to tell me what was wrong. He said he was afraid. I asked about what and this is when he started showing me his photos. The first was essentially blank with a border. The second was just of him. The third was of him and his brother, when his brother was just an infant. The fourth was him holding his brother a little older than an infant. The fifth was of him and his brother playing a little older. He said... I'm afraid I'm losing my brother, I'm forgetting him. He started sobbing. He said, I know my brother is safe, but I miss him and I'm forgetting him. I cannot see his face or hear his voice anymore. He's gone and I'm here. We started weeping together. We had a conversation and I held him until I saw his countenance change and he had a grasp of what the truth of it all was.

I asked him if he'd be willing to share his truth with some peeps I loved dearly, he said yes. I lead him down the hallway. We stood together knocking on a very ornately carved heavy wood door. We heard laughter from the other side and someone said we could come in. There on the bed were Will and Joe... grown up and laughing and smashing each other in the face, messing around. They both sat up when we came in... they were still laughing, but then Joe's face became very serious, while Will was still smiling away.

I asked Jimmy to share... he said to them- "I was once afraid of losing my brother. He died yesterday. We were jumping on the bed when it happened and then he got hurt and all of a sudden he was gone. I was afraid I was going to lose him. To forget him, his voice, his laugh. I want him back now, but I know The God who brought the people out of Egypt, The God from the beginning of time... that is where he's at and I will be with him again."

I woke abruptly from this dream...

2 comments: